As a Coach or Team Official I will:
- Abide by the NWJSA Competition Rules.
- Accept the decisions of referees and act respectfully towards all NWJSA officials at all times.
- Respect the rights and dignity of all players and team officials at all times.
- Refrain from any form of harassment or personal abuse towards any person and report any forms of abuse directed towards players in my care to an NWJSA official.
- Ensure that all players are made aware of their responsibilities under the NWJSA Code of Conduct and take all reasonable steps to ensure that players adhere to it.
- Ensure that the time players spend with me is a positive experience.
- Ensure all players receive similar game time and avoid overplaying the talented players.
- Provide a safe environment for training and competition by ensuring that equipment and facilities meet safety standards.
- Display calmness, composure, respect and professionalism and refrain from acts of aggression to all involved with the sport. These include opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and spectators and encourage players to do the same.
- Avoid any physical contact with the players. Should contact be required, ensure it is appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development.
- Respect all players’ individuality and help them reach their own full potential.
- Make no detrimental statements in public (internet social media, print, radio) in respect of the performance of any match officials, team players or any policy decisions of Member Schools or the NWJSA.
- Avert the demoralisation of opposition teams by endeavouring to prevent excessive score margins.
- In the case of coaches of the U10, U11 and Seniors age groups and Team Officials of all age groups, I will not enter the field of play during a game unless prompted by the Match Official.
- Encourage players to drink water before, during and immediately after sport participation and discourage players from drinking sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Discourage parents of players from providing lollies and sugary snacks before, during and after sport.